Nicola "Ókin" Frioli:
Italian freelance photographer who has worked for several years in the
areas of reportage photography, documentary and portraits. Over the
last twelve years he has traveled through Mexico, also in India, Pakistan,
Kashmir, Ecuador and Sardinia.
Ókin is now based in Mexico City. Widely published, Ókin's work can be seen in
such fine magazines as I have been published in National Geographic (Germany and Japan), Time Magazine, The New Yorker Magazine, Geo, The Independen on Sunday, The Guardian, Internazionale, Vanity Fair, Maclean's Magazine, Stern, Financial Time, GUP Magazine and others.
Ókin has work for the Anzemberger Agency as well as in advertising at different international advertising agencies.
His work, AL "OTRO LADO" DEL SUEÑO (THE OTHER SIDE OF THE AMERICAN DREAM), was selected in the exposition 'Resiliencia' in Photo Espana
in 2009 for the Cervantes Institute of Spain. It was exhibited at the Cervantes Institute of Madrid, Chicago and New York, Rome, Instambul, New Delhi and in other cities all around the world still 2011. He is beneficiary ARTS FUND SUPPORT for Cultural Development / Fundación BBVA Bancomer in october 2013/2014.
Prizes and Mentions:
- We are Princesses in a Land of Machos - Honorable Mention in the ND Photography Awards 2014, category "People: Portrait".
- Al Otro lado del Sueño - Honorable Mention - International Photography Awards 2014, category “Portraits”.
- Al Otro lado del Sueño - Honorable Mention - International Photography Awards 2014, category “Deeper Perspertive” .
- 1st prize - Pride Photo Award 2013 – Amsterdam, category “Open”, with the serie - We are Princesses in a Land of Machos -
- Al “Otro Lado” del Sueño - Selected in XV Bienal de Fotografia 2012 México.
- 2nd prize F.I.N.I. International Award 2012 with the serie - Al “Otro Lado” del Sueño -
- 3rd prize Picture of the Years Latam 2011, category “Migration: Single Portrait” with a portrait of the serie - Al “Otro Lado” del Sueño -